To acquire a work permit that will allow people to live permanently in Australia, the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)  is the best option for them. This is a type of visa that allows the skilled workers to get permanent residence in the regional Australia. This type of visa allows you to stay in Australia and work there either through the agreement system, the temporary residence transition system or through the agreement stream. You can choose which of the streams you are applicable for and qualify for the visa.

Things to look for before you apply

Before you apply, there are a few important things that you must take care of. First of all, you can apply for this visa once you have an employer willing to nominate you within the regional Australia areas (not including Sydney, Melbourne, Wollongong, Brisbane, Newcastle and Gold Coast). If you do not have an employer, you can apply by Submitting an EOI (Express of Interest) which can be done from within or outside Australia. Prospective employers and territory state governments will then view and evaluate your details.
Please note that when you are applying for this subclass of visa, you must have a valid passport and/or other travel documents that are with the visa. It is always advisable to get a new passport if your current one is expiring before you apply for the visa.

Requirements for Visa Subclass 187

There are a few basic requirements which will help you with this kind of visa. These requirements are:
You must be younger than the age of 50 (unless exempted)
You are nominated by an Australian employer who is approved by the government, to work in regional Australia (this does not include Gold Coast, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle)
Are qualified to meet the qualifications, skills as well as the necessary requirements for English Language (unless exempted)

Types of streams

The three major types of streams that visa has are:
Temporary residence transition system: This stream is for those people who have the visa subclass 457 visa with them and have been working for two or more years in the same occupation while holding this visa with them. While they must be in the same occupation, they must also have an employer who is lodging an official and valid nomination and offer them with a permanent position for that occupation.

The other major stream that people can apply for is the direct entry stream. This can be used by people either who have never worked in Australia or only worked for a smaller time period. This can also be used by people who are nominated through their employers, who can nominate them through this stream or by the temporary residents living there who are not able to qualify using the method of temporary residence transition stream.

The last stream that you can use is the agreement stream, which can be used by people who have been nominated through their employers acting by using the labour agreement.