Free PTE-IELTS Workshop Every Wednesday From 5:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. Click Here To Apply

Many people in the past have studied accounting or IT with the hope of coming to Australia through skilled migration, but this is becoming more and more difficult. These are some better ideas based on the state of migration in 2017:


Study in a state that wants you

Tasmania currently offers PR nomination to students who study full time in Tasmania for any occupation on the MLTSSL or STSOL. South Australia offers PR and provisional skilled visa nomination for students who study in most occupations on the MLTSSL or STSOL. These are the two most generous states for students, so if you want the best chance of being able to stay in Australia you should consider studying in South Australia or Tasmania.


Study a trade skill

Trade skills are always in high demand in Australia and the courses can be shorter and cheaper than a bachelor degree. This is a longer-term option as you will need three years of work experience before you can pass the skills assessment, but it’s also the safest option as the demand for these skills is unlikely to change.


Choose a university course carefully

There are a few courses that have simple entry requirements, lead to a job on the independent skilled migration skilled occupation list and do not require work experience to pass the skills assessment. These include:

- Bachelor of Social Work

- AIQS-accredited quantity surveyor courses

- Bachelor of Biomedical Science leading to being a Medical Laboratory Scientist


For advice tailored to your situation or help getting an offer letter from an Australian university, contact us today on 08 6161 9239.