Free PTE-IELTS Workshop Every Wednesday From 5:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. Click Here To Apply

Professional year in Australia

You can receive five points for having completed a professional year in Australia in the four years before you were invited to apply for General Skilled Migration visa.
Your professional year course must have been in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation. The course must have lasted for at least 12 months.

Qualifying professional year courses are offered by:

Australian Computer Society

The Australian Computer Society is the only provider gazetted by the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection to provide a Professional Year (PYear) in Computing/ICT. The ACS offers a program for former international students who have graduated from a university within Australia and are seeking permanent residency. The program is scheduled for a minimum of 44 weeks to a maximum of 52 weeks practical training plus 12 week hands-on internship with a host company

CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and Institute of Public Accountants (formerly the National Institute of Accountants)

The Skilled Migration Internship Program is available to overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree qualification as a result of at least two years' study in Australia, and it involves a minimum of 44 weeks' training, including a 12-week internship placement with a relevant host company

Engineers Australia

The Professional Year in Engineering Program helps recent engineering graduates of Australian university courses to develop and enhance their employability skills in this unique 44-week work-readiness program including 32 weeks Practical training and 12 weeks Internship placement.