Free PTE-IELTS Workshop Every Wednesday From 5:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. Click Here To Apply

Subclass 500 Student Visa

The subclass 500 Student Visa is the right visa for studying in Australia at all levels as long as you are studying at a registered institution. Whether you want to study a dedicated English course, send your child to Australia for primary school or get your PhD, the subclass 500 Student Visa is the one for you.

We can help with all stages of the process from choosing a school to making sure your application is complete.

Student Visa Application Process

1. Look at your options depending on what you want to study and where

2. Apply to your school or institution of choice

3. Receive Confirmation of Enrolment certificate from school or institution

4. Apply to the Immigration Department for your visa


Eligibility Criteria for Student Visas

The main requirements for an Australian student visa are:

You can show that you are a genuine student who wants to come to Australia primarily to study

You have enough funds available to you to support yourself for your first year in Australia

You have appropriate health insurance

You are the appropriate age for your level of study

You have an appropriate level of English

You have a Confirmation of Enrolment


Common Problems for Applicants

Apply sooner rather than later and make sure you have all required documents and evidence. Student visas can sometimes take a long time to process and if you lodge an incomplete or late application you risk missing the start of your course.

Student visas come with work restriction conditions. Be aware of when they apply or not to make sure you don’t breach them.

Always be aware of your current visa’s expiry date and conditions. Letting a visa expire without applying for a new one can have severe consequences, even if you try to apply the next day.

Student visas often expire shortly after your course is scheduled to end. Don’t get caught out!

Red Earth Migration Can Help

Red Earth Migration can assist you with every stage of the process, from choosing the right school and course to gathering evidence and lodging a complete application. Contact us on 08 6161 9239 to schedule a consult today.

Student Visa Applicant FAQ

Where can I apply from?

You can be inside or outside Australia to apply for this visa.

Where can I receive the visa?

You can be inside or outside Australia to receive this visa

What family members can I include?

Children under the age of 23 and spouses or de facto partners. Children over 18 must be financially dependent on you.

Can the health requirement (link) be waived for this visa?

This visa does not allow for waiver of the health requirement.

How long does this visa last for?

This is a temporary visa that lasts for as long as the Immigration Department decides to grant it for. Usually this will be the length of your course but you should check carefully to see if you will need to renew your visa during your course.