We are now open on Saturdays from 10 AM - 3 PM for consultations. Contact for more information or to book.
  • Meet with an Experienced Migration Agent Today

Can You Switch From Non-Contributory To Contributory After Lodgement?

Old man and old woman with their kids

The waiting time for the non-contributory parent visas is extremely long – in the region of 30 years, but the applicants for the Parent Visas subclass 103 and Aged Parent Visas subclass 804 can switch to contributory visa application providing that they withdraw the Parent Visa application. The advantage is that the waiting time is considerably shorter and in some cases it could be even shorter as the Department prioritise these  applicants depending on the time they’ve spent already waiting since the lodgement. A reduction in the first VAC (visa application charge) is available for those who applied for subclass 103 prior to  27/06/2003

If you are a parent of an Australian permanent resident or citizen and looking to settle in Australia to be close to your children and grandchildren, or have lodged the non-contributory parent visa but want to fasten the process, please get in touch with us or book a phone/face to face consultation to discuss the best suitable options.

Related Blogs

watching the sunset
Migration Agent Perth West Perth and East Perth
Balance Of Family Test