(Subclass 189) for New Zealand Citizens
New Zealand stream (Subclass 189) Visa is for the New Zealand Citizens who have shown their commitment to Australia and holds a SCV Special Category Visa (Subclass 444). The New Zealand citizens holds this Permanent Resident visa are eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship after staying 12 months on this visa in Australia (in addition of holding a SCV for five consecutive years).
- No Age Limit.
- Get to stay permanently in Australia.
- No additional requirement such as English Language, Skill Assessment, points criteria or Sponsorship by the Employer.
- Can apply for Australian citizenship after staying for 12 months on this Visa
- Full Working and study rights anywhere in Australia.
- Sponsor Family or relatives for their Permanent Residence.
- Medical Benefits such as get enrolled in Australia’s Public health care scheme.
- Hold a SCV (Special Category Visa Subclass 189) and must be in Australia when you apply for this Visa.
- Residing in Australia for a continuous period of 5 Years prior applying for the Visa.
- Started living in Australia before 19 February,2016
- Have a taxable income above the specific income threshold for each of the four completed financial Years.
- Meet Health and Character Requirements.
- Do not have previous visa cancellation or refusal.
- family members of the applicant must hold a substantive visa, Bridging Visa A, Bridging Visa B or Bridging Visa C at the time of lodging their Visa.
Eligible New Zealand Citizens may apply for the new pathway to Australian Citizenship as it is offering favourable access to the permanent status including your family members (spouse and Child).
If you like assistance in any Visa options visit Red Earth Migration to meet out team of experts.