If you want to visit Australia and have the right passport, you’re in luck! These are the easiest visas to apply for, with no application fee and most visas granted within minutes or hours.
Both types of visa allow you to stay in Australia for up to three months at a time, at any point in the 12 months after visa grant. In other words, you will need to leave Australia every three months but can return immediately if you wish, and you can do this as many times as you like during the 12 months after your visa is granted.
You will not be allowed to work on this visa and you are also not allowed to study for longer than 3 months.
People with passports from the following countries may be eligible for an eVisitor visa:
|France||Monaco||United Kingdom (UK citizens only)|
|Germany||The Netherlands||Vatican City|
People with passports from the following countries may be eligible for an ETA visa (bolded are not eligible for eVisitor):
|Canada||Republic of Korea||Spain|
|Germany||Malta||United Kingdom (UK citizen OR British National Overseas)|
|Greece||Monaco||United States of America|
|Hong Kong SAR||The Netherlands||Vatican City|
Common Problems for Applicants
- Electronic visitor visas come with a no work condition so you are not allowed to undertake any paid work while in Australia
- If you stay longer than 3 months without leaving the country, your visa will expire and you will be unlawful
- You need to meet the health requirement (link). You may be required to undergo a health assessment prior to coming to Australia if you indicate you have a health condition while applying for the visa.
- If you have already spent considerable time in Australia recently, have a criminal conviction or a negative immigration history, your visa may take longer to process and may not be granted
- Always be aware of your current visa’s expiry date and conditions. Letting a visa expire without applying for a new one can have severe consequences, even if you try to apply the next day.
Red Earth Migration Can Help
Unsure you qualify for an ETA or eVisitor? Want more information about conditions or further pathways to the country? Contact us on 08 6161 9239 to schedule a consult today.
ETA & eVisitor Visa Applicant FAQ
|Where can I apply from?||You must be outside Australia to apply for this visa.|
|Where can I receive the visa?||You must be outside Australia to receive this visa|
|What family members can I include?||All family members must apply for their own separate ETA or eVisitor visas.|
|Can the health requirement be waived for this visa?||This visa does not allow for waiver of the health requirement.|
|How long does this visa last for?||This is a temporary visa that allows you to enter Australia multiple times within 12 months of grant, but you may only stay for 3 months on each entry.|
Average processing time for this visa is less than one day.
- Visa Subclass : 601
- Length of stay : Up to a year
- Cost : AUD20