If you are an Australian employer and wish to sponsor an overseas citizen to work in a highly skilled occupation, your business needs to be approved as a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR SBS?
The types of entities who can apply for SBS approval include:
- proprietary companies;
- government departments;
- statutory authorities;
- sole traders;
- not-for-profit-organisations; and
- educational institutions
- public companies;
The requirements to be an approved Standard Business Sponsor are:
- The business must be operating lawfully;
- The business must be in a sound financial position;
- The business must not have any contrary information documented against it;
- The business should have a proper established structure
PERIOD OF VALIDITY
Once approved, the SBS is issued for 5 years. Exceptions:
- If your business has been running for less than 12 months, SBS is valid for 18 months
- High volume sponsors can apply for accredited sponsorship which lasts for 6 years
We have a record of assisting businesses to acquire approval for this important part of the application process. We advise on the documents needed to get your business approved much quicker and with lesser stress & effort.
To start with, we will evaluate the application for SBS and provide you with thorough advice. On engaging with us, we will guide from assembling and gathering the required documents, preparing the application, coordinating with the Department of Home Affairs and relevant third parties. After the lodgement if the circumstances of your business change, we will notify the department of the change. Please call our experts on +61 08 6161 9239 to ask how Red Earth Migration can assist you with becoming an approved Standard Business Sponsor.