This visa allows recent engineering graduates of recognised institutions to live, work and study in Australia for up to 18 months. It is a good option to work in Australia and receive 5 points for 1 year Australian work experience and improve your chances of becoming eligible for a permanent or provisional skilled visa.
To be eligible for this visa you should be:
- Younger than 31 years of age at the time of application
- Completed an engineering degree at the bachelor level or higher in a recognised institution in the past two years
|75 per cent of applications processed||90 per cent of applications processed|
|87 days||4 months|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for this visa when I am in Australia?
You may be inside or outside Australia when you apply for this visa however you must be outside of Australia when the visa is decided, unless you are a New Zealand citizen who holds a Special Category visa (subclass 444).
What this visa let me do?
While in Australia, you can:
- Enroll in further professional studies
- Study to improve your English skills.
What are the accepted engineering qualifications?
In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree
- Doctoral degree
- Postgraduate diploma.
What are the accepted majors of study for this visa?
Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical, production and plant engineering
- Mining and material engineering.
What are recognized institutions?
Washington Accord institutions or certain institutions in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Finland, Germany, Hungary, India, Iran, China, Philippines, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden and Tanzania.
Can I include my family members in this application?
You can include the following people in your visa application at the time of lodgement:
- Your child/step-child or your partner’s child/step-child.
What is the English language requirement for this visa?
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland or you hold a valid passport from one of those countries, you are considered to meet the English language requirement for this visa.Otherwise, you must provide evidence of having achieved the following scores from one of the specified English language tests:
- An overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (General or Academic) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- A score of at least ‘B’ in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- A total score of at least 64 with the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- An overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking) in a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- An overall score of at least 169 with a minimum score of 154 in each of the four test components listening, reading, writing and speaking in a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test that was undertaken on or after 1 January 2015.
- Visa Subclass : 476
- Length Of Stay : 18 months
- Cost : From AUD 365