This TSS Visa enables employers to actually address skilled labor shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers, where they cannot make a proper skilled Australian source.
It facilitates the use of foreign workers to solve the shortage of temporary skills, while ensuring that Australian workers get priority. TSS visa holders can work for one of three approved sponsors for one of their three approved sponsors in Australia for their approved sponsor:
- Short Term Stream
- Medium Term Stream
- Labor Agreement Stream
You must have the skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business for an approved occupation.
Duration of stay
One to four years – based on your named business, visa stream and your circumstances
Cost AUD 1,150
About the visa
The Home Affairs Department of Australia introduced this new visa instead of 457 Visas. The TSS visa is for skilled workers who want to temporarily work in Australia. This visa includes a three-step process:
Step 1: Sponsorship Application by Employer
Step 2: A nomination application for a skilled position by the Employer
Step 3: Visas application by the proposed employee
The above three steps must be completed in sequence. However, you do not have to wait for each application to be approved to move to the next step.
What can you do?
This visa allows you to travel from Australia for the duration of your visa and:
- If you are the primary visa holder to work in Australia for the approved sponsor in the primary designated business
- If you are a family member to work and study in Australia
This stream is available when your employer wants to sponsor you (as a foreign skilled worker) on a temporary basis in the businesses listed on the short-term efficient business listing (STSOL) for the TSS visa. It can be used to fill maximum posts:
- Two years or
- Four years if international trade obligation (ITO) is applicable.
This stream is available if your employer wants to sponsor you (as a foreign skilled worker) for a period of four years in the businesses listed on the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or Regional Business List (ROL) for a TSS.
Labor agreement stream
This stream is available when your employer wants to sponsor you (as a foreign worker) and has entered into the labor agreement with the department.
Eligibility Criteria for the Applicant
To be eligible for this visa under any stream, you must meet certain criteria, which are as below:
- There is at least 2-year work experience in selected occupation
- Organize an approved sponsor’s nomination
- Has completed any skill assessment / qualification requirements
- Keep a valid English language proficiency evidence to meet the minimum language criteria.
- If you are in Australia at the time of filing an application, then you should have a valid functional visa, which is a Subclass 010 (Bridging A) visa, a Subclass 020 (Bridging B) visa or Subclass 030 (Bridging C ) visa.
- Meet any other requirements or conditions that apply to your visa application.
- Complete the conditions for health and character
- Complete the specific needs of the individual stream
For the short-term stream, you must meet the actual temporary accessory (GTE) requirement.
Eligibility Criteria for the Nominating Employers
If you are an employer, to be able to sponsor any skilled applicant to fill any skillful position, you will have to:
- Become a legally operational business in Australia
- Is a standard business sponsorship
- Payment of sponsorship fee is AUD 420
Sponsorship will be valid for a period of five years from the date of its approval.
You can nominate your employee for an eligible occupation in the list of eligible skilled occupation i.e. the MLTSSL or STSOL and you must:
- Submit a valid employment contract
- Pay the salary equal to or above of the temporary skilled migration income threshold (TSMIT) for the related business
- Specify the position and duration of the job in enrollment
- Provide proof of labor market testing (where necessary)
- Pay AUD330 fees
English Language Requirements
English language requirement for short-term stream is of 5 Bands or equivalent overall with no less than 4.5 in each module and the medium-term stream has 5 band or equivalent overall with no less than 5.0 in each module
Health and Character Requirements
You along with your family members included in your application must
- Complete the requirement of Health by providing valid medical certificate within 12 months of the application lodgment.
- Satisfy the character requirement by depositing police clearance certificates
Including family members in your application
You can include your spouse and your/ your spouse’s child/ step child
Care should be taken to apply for any visa. Your application may be subject to several conditions. To make sure that you do not face any hindrance in your application and visa process, consider consulting our registered migration agents who have been working closely with Australian Migration Laws for the past several years and have handle the most critical of cases including the tribunal appeals.
A professional help will increase the prospects of your successful visa approval. At Red Earth Migration, we are proud to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism. Reach us today and start with your application process.
- Visa Subclass : 482
- Length of stay : 1-4 Years
- Cost : From AUD 1,175