Would you like to take a year or two out from studying or working to travel around Australia? Then this might be the visa for you. Working holiday visas are designed for backpackers or people taking a gap year to expand their horizons. They are cheap, simple to apply for and relatively quick to process.
This is a simple, one-stage application process with no sponsorship requirement.
Subclass 417 Working Holiday Visa Eligible Passports
|Ireland||The United Kingdom||Estonia|
|Hong Kong SAR||Cyprus||The Republic of Korea|
Eligibility Criteria for Working Holiday Visas
Criteria differ slightly between the two types of visa but are largely similar. They include:
- You have turned 18 but not 31
- Standard health and character criteria
- You will not be accompanied by dependent children at any point, whether they are Australian citizens or otherwise
- You genuinely intend to enter Australia as a visitor taking a holiday
- If you have already held a working holiday visa before, you can apply for a single extension as long as you have spent at least 3 months working in rural Australia in tourism or agriculture.
Common Problems for Applicants
- You must not work for the same employer for longer than 6 months while holding a working holiday visa.
- Be aware that if you fall pregnant while in Australia on a working holiday visa, when you give birth you will be considered to be accompanied by a dependent child and will need to apply for a different visa or leave Australia.
- You need to meet the health requirement . You may be required to undergo a health assessment prior to coming to Australia if you indicate you have a health condition while applying for the visa.
- Always be aware of your current visa’s expiry date and conditions. Letting a visa expire without applying for a new one can have severe consequences, even if you try to apply the next day.
Red Earth Migration Can Help
Unsure you qualify for a working holiday visa? Want more information about conditions or further pathways to the country? Contact us on 08 6161 9239 to schedule a consultation with one of our migration experts today.
Working Holiday Visa Applicant FAQ
|Where can I apply from?||You can be inside or outside Australia to apply for this visa.|
|Where can I receive the visa?||
If you applied from inside Australia, you must be inside Australia to receive the visa.
If you applied from outside Australia, you must be outside Australia to receive the visa.
|What family members can I include?||All family members must apply for their own separate working holiday visas. Please note you cannot be accompanied by dependent children while on a working holiday visa.|
|Can the health requirement be waived for this visa?||This visa does not allow for waiver of the health requirement.|
|How long does this visa last for?||This visa lasts for one year and can be extended for a further year if you have worked for 3 months in tourism or agriculture in rural Australia|
- 75 per cent of applications processed in 18 days
- 90 per cent of applications processed in 36 days
- Visa Subclass : 417
- Length of stay : Up To 12 Months
- Cost : From AUD 440