On March 18, 2018, the Home Affairs Department implemented the TSS visa, effectively eliminating its predecessor, sub-class 457 visa.There should be many requirements for an employer to nominate an employee for a TSS visa.
One such requirement is that before nominating foreign citizen workers, the business has tested the local labor market as an advertisement for the nominated position. The purpose of this requirement is to satisfy the DHA that the appropriate Australian worker did not get the role to fill in the question.
The government has made some changes when the government terminated the subclass 457 and replaced it with the new TSS visa, otherwise it is known as Subclass 482. Here are some changes:
- Advertisement must be less than 6 months old.
- Gumtree advertising is no longer acceptable but is https://jobactive.gov.au/and it is free
- Advertising was in English and the following information was included:
- Status title, or description
- Name of the approved sponsor or the name of the recruitment agency used by the sponsor
- Annual earnings for the position (as long as the annual earnings will not exceed the fair working ceiling, currently AUD 142,000
- At least two ads were published:
- On a national recruitment website (for example, the above jobactive.gov.au) – that is, a major or professional recruitment website that publishes ads for situations throughout Australia. Through a general classification website or through a social media notification, advertisements like Twitter or Instagram are not acceptable.
- In the national print media – that is, national newspapers or magazines that are marketed at least monthly and throughout Australia.
- On the national radio – i.e. radio programs that are broadcast nationally.