New Temporary Visa category released for Parents (Subclass 870)
The new subclass has given a pathway to temporarily reunite the parents with their children and grandchildren in Australia. This visa will help to fill the gaps of long waiting period for the grant of Permanent Residency Visa. Parents can only stay in Australia for a maximum period of 5 years on this visa. Only 15000 visas can be granted each financial year. This Visa is offered to the parents of Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen with no working rights,
Benefits of the Visa: –
- It allows the parents to remain in Australia for a longer period of time.
- Can stay in Australia for 5 years at a time without departing.
- After applying for this parents are still eligible to apply for Visitors visa or Parent permanent visa.
- Department of Home Affairs may grant up to 15000 sponsored Parent (Temporary Visa) each year.
- The Visa application charges are payable in 2 installments.
- Savings on the airfares on departing from Australia and re-entering in Australia, as you get a visa for a longer period of time without any depart restriction.
- The parent must be the biological, adoptive or step parent of the applicant applying for sponsorship. Step parent must be in a married relationship with a biological parent of the sponsor.
- The sponsors age must be at least 18 years.
- Be an Australian Citizen/Permanent resident/New Zealand Citizen and residing in Australia for at least 4 years immediately before the day application made.
- During those 4 years of residency the applicant must not hold a bridging visa.
- IF the Applicant is an Australian Citizen then the usual resident of provision of 4 years does not apply.
- Met prior sponsorship obligation.
- Have no debts to the commonwealth or public health debts unless appropriate arrangements have been made for payment
- Provide police clearance of any country they have spent more than 12 months cumulative in past 10 years.
- Be sponsored by an approved parent sponsor.
- Be outside Australia for at least 90 days, if they hold or previously held a sponsored Parent Visa.
- Provide evidence of access of fund.
- Provide evidence of health insurance.
- Meet health requirements, Character and National Security Requirements.
- Provide and health insurance.
- Must not have any outstanding public health debts.
Due to new launch, at the beginning the processing time will be faster but like most of the visa categories, it gets spoiled soon.
This visa category has very limited place, who comes first will get it.
We are always happy to assist you for the sponsorship as well as visa. Meet out team of experts for detailed information. To book an appointment, Please email us on email@example.com ,or call us at (08) 6161 9239