• Meet with an Experienced Migration Agent Today

Skill Migration For Health Practitioners

Men doctor and lady doctor

Health Practitioners and Skilled migration to Australia.

Professionals in the occupations of Health practitioners (Doctors) are sought after in Australia and included in the general skilled migration lists.

To work in Australia, the practitioners will need to undergo the process of registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Once a full registration is obtained, this is considered a positive skills assessment outcome towards the skilled visa application process.

Medical professionals who obtained their qualifications and specialization overseas have different pathways for registration with AHPRA than the professionals trained in Australia. 

The assessment pathways are: Competent authority, Specialist pathway and Standard pathway. More detail can be found at the Medical Board website ( LINK https://www.medicalboard.gov.au/registration/international-medical-graduates.aspx)

Additionally, international trained professionals require to meet the English language knowledge.  At time of registration the medical practitioners must demonstrate the language competency through various paths, such as being their primary language or having undertaken their education in English. Alternatively, sitting one of the international English language tests. (IELTS, PTE Academic , OET, TOEFL iBT )  

For a candidate to submit an Expression of Interest in the skill select database, it requires at least 65 points.  During the last months, the skilled invitation rounds have shown that higher scoring candidates, with around 85 points, will be receiving an invitation for the skilled independent visa.  Obtaining a high result in the English test allows the candidate to claim more points towards the skill select migration.

For employer sponsor visa options, the professionals in the occupation of General Practitioner, Resident Medical Officer and Medical practitioners nec., require to obtain a Health Workforce Certificate (HWC) issued by a Rural Workforce Agency (RWA). This is a letter which confirms the genuine need to fill a primary healthcare position at a given location in Australia by a doctor.


Related Blogs

Buildings, rolar coster and sea all at the one place
Scarborough Perth Wembley
A fit boy with half t-shirt