We are now open on Saturdays from 10 AM - 3 PM for consultations. Contact for more information or to book.
  • Meet with an Experienced Migration Agent Today

Student Visa

Student Visa Subclass : 500

Student visa (subclass 500) is intended for the international students from across the globe who want to pursue their education in Australia. This visa lets you enrol in an accredited Australian institution for a full-time course. With this visa subclass 500 the students from overseas can stay in Australia up till their educational course completes or for up to five years (whichever is earlier). The Subclass 500 Visa also entitles the eligible guardians of the international students to join and live with them by lodging an application for Student Guardian Subclass 590 Visa.

What this subclass 500 visa lets you do in australia?

Student Visa Subclass 500 allows you to study for a CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered full-time course in Australia. Also, eligible family members are free to join you in Australia. Anyone with a valid student visa in Australia can work for up to 40 hours per fortnight while the course is underway and unlimited number of hours during designated course breaks. If you are pursuing a master’s degree in research or doctoral degree, you wouldn’t have any work restrictions.

To be eligible for student visa (subclass 500)

  • You must have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) from a CRICOS registered education provider in Australia.
  • You have made suitable arrangements for stay in Australia if under 18 years of age.
  • The applicant of this visa must me at least 6 years old.
  • You must get the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which is responsible to care for all your medical solutions while you stay in Australia.
  • Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) is another critical aspect you must scale through to secure a student visa in Australia.
  • Depending on the country you originate from, you must prove a certain proficiency in the English language by securing a satisfactory test score in any approved English language test such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
  • You must satisfy a minimum financial requirement (not necessary for a few nationalities) that covers all the costs necessary for studying in Australia.
  • You must meet certain health requirements by undergoing a health examination from a registered health practitioner (if applicable).


Only if the applicant is in Australia, candidate can apply for student visa with letter of offer, however, the applicant must obtain a COE for visa to be granted.

If one of the following applies, the applicant does not need to provide evidence of an English test score with the visa application:

  • If the applicant is enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defense sponsored students
  • If the applicant has completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
  • If the applicant is a citizen and holds a passport from UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or Republic of Ireland

Visa applicant must answer the character related questions on the visa application form and the information provided will be used to assess the character. Applicant might be asked for more information by DOHA, if required.

The documents requirements for Financial capacity and English differs for the applicant in regular or streamlined category.

To be granted a student visa, the applicant must demonstrate that s/he has adequate welfare arrangements in place for the length of the student visa or until they turn 18 years of age. They can do this by demonstrating that they will be accompanied by a parent or legal custodian, a suitable relative or that the student’s education provider approves the arrangements for the student’s accommodation, support and general welfare.

To be eligible for a student visa to Australia you must first enroll in a full time course of study which is registered with the Commonwealth Registry of International Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).You must study a course listed on the CRICOS register in order to obtain a student visa.

Once you pay your student fees and enroll in your course the school will provide you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). You must have this CoE to apply for your student visa.

Visa Details

Visa Subclass:
Length of stay:
Up to five years
From AUD 710

    Contact Us

    Type of service required:

    Student VisaGeneral Skilled MigrationPartner VisaParent VisaChild VisaVisitor Visa

    Employer Sponsored VisaAppeals & ReviewsHumanitarian & RefugeeBusiness MigrationCitizenshipOthers